Nige has another 30, yawn!!

Peter Waller

Hi Eddy, sorry I doubted you mate. Obviously just coincidence but, at the time, I though Oh Dear, or words to that effect!! Good to see you on AnglersNet, hope that you stay around. Non of that bloody minded bitching of P&P!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translated from Hertfordshire's finest:

Greetings oh thee of lesser stature.

Trusting that you are well.

Oh blow, something circular, or a visitor from another solar system, has landed in the U.K. somewhere South of the Kings Lynn train sheds where Nev Fickling spent his youth, oh dear.

I am fond of you, in a brotherly sort of way.

Am discretely retaining your play things.

Why can't people speak English for heavens sakes? :confused: :D

Different floats for different folks

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Dear Fenboy,

Talking of catfish, (Wells) could you tell me how they locate their prey? And which species in particular do they find very easy to locate?

Could you explain to me, and probably tens of thousands of other anglers, what effect catfish introductions would have on our present river environments?

You said Fenboy;

" My opinion is that the future of angling in this country depends upon exciting fishing being available that will capture the imagination of a new generation."

I think you are dead wrong here. Angling at the present moment in time can NEVER compete with Playstation or Nintendo. The plain fact of the matter is that youngsters just aren't turned on by fishing like we were when we were kids. A fishes size has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Kids just dont want to go fishing and its as simple as that. If they did, then tackle shops would sell out in the first fortnight. Kids "trends" sweep nations like forest fires. Some stay around for a long time whilst others die out fairly quickly. Angling, is definitely NOT on the got to do list of our nations kids.

You also said;

"It's funny that catfish aren't tolerated, when they have never been a problem anywhere, yet fish farmers are allowed to pollute rivers with trout excrement - or threaten native salmon populations (and human health, allegedly) by artificially rearing salmon in pens on sea lochs.

Two sets of rules operate here."

In relation to catfish never having been a problem anywhere, can you name all the UK rivers where catfish have been stocked for say the last twenty years and whose populations have not posed a problem for these river environments?

There are indeed many sets of rules regarding river issues. Double standards even. But the subject of trout excrement in rivers is extremely tiny in comparison to other far more important issues.

Regards,

Lee.

Lee, I know bugger all about catfish. I'd just like to catch them in a river. River Nene would be dead handy.

Ed, good to see you on this forum. It's good fun. What did you make of Nige with the 39 from the 5454+@@/> nhdg%££? Told you to get down there years ago... but there are some new places worth a punt. We'll have to get there. (just sent you a PM).

Everybody, Canaries will sort the Hammers as they continue their glorious climb back to the top perch. 2-1 tomorrow to Norwich.

Fenboy