What's up everyone in the UK?

Hi everyone,

Not sure if any of you remember me or not. I used to swing by and chat from time to time.

I am a Bass Angler from the U.S. and write a lot of fishing articles (some are used on this site).

Just wanted to say hi to my old friends and introduce myself to new friends.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

Hi JT and welcome back. The old timers should remember you but for the new folks, how about a quick run-down on what you are doing these days.

Are you familiar with LRF (Light Rock Fishing)?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Newt.

I am a Bass Fisherman from the US.

I am also the author of the Bagwell's Bass Tactics column and also

a variety of other fishing related articles.

I am not familiar with LRF.

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

JT,

You're going to have to offer a "topic" of conversation as UK guys don't know black bass from sick-um. What's hot is bassin? What's controversial? You know - - - -

Phone

(notice I'm also a Yank)

I think the hottest and most controversial thing right now are one and the same.

That thing of course is the Alabama rig. Although it has been out a year or so now,

everyone is still talking about it and whether or not it should be allowed in competition.

All,

Here's what's happening in Missouri.

alabama_rig_2-28-12.jpg

The umbrella or Alabama rig on the left is not legal to use on Missouri waters because it has five lures with hooks attached. Only three lures or baits with hooks are allowed when pole and line fishing methods are used. The rig on the right is legal because only three of the attached lures have hooks. Two of the lures have the hooks clipped off but are legal to attach as fish attractors.

Notice, the rig on the right has 5 "hookpoints" (one treble and 2 straight hooks).

It's a L O N G way from being sorted since the Alabama rig is SO effective. This is one of those cases where - since we have 50 states - we have 50 sets of regulations. I bet JT can tell us how many are 'different' from one another?

Phone

Phone

• Like 1

There are way to many regulations to list. Not only do they vary from state to state but they can also vary from one body of water to another.

For example in Illinois where I live, the Alabama rig is not allowed at all in the Mississippi river. I can use it in a couple of lakes but there are lakes only 30 minutes away that the Alabama rig is illegal.

The laws are crazy. You just have to be sure to check the regulations for wherever you are going fishing.

JT Bagwell

JT,

Know any pleasure fishermen that have been cited or are the arguments mostly among competition anglers.

Most pleasure anglers haven't got a clue and will gladly and honorably comply - unfortunately ignorance is no defense.

Phone

Guest twofoottwitch

Great name, and I think I have met you in a Dickens novel. ;)

Bass Fishing ? As in competition, for money,kudos, or just for the love of it?

Good luck on here, as I am sure stuff will be lost in translation.

alabama_rig_2-28-12.jpg

Notice, the rig on the right has 5 "hookpoints" (one treble and 2 straight hooks).

unless my eyes deceive me there are 8 hookpoints, two trebles on the top lure and the 2 singles on the middle and bottom lures. Does only one treble count, or just an oversight?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?