River Frome

leedsunited

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually use spinners and plugs for pike there but I have also float fished there using baits such as cheese paste (good for chub in winter) maggots casters hemp and worms. There are some big Pike and chub there along with roach and perch. I would reccomend that you go with an experienced angler if you want to fish for pike. I cannot give you a certain depth as it ranges in different areas.

all i want to fish for is roach perch chub nothing to big ( is there barbel in the river frome)(also is there still matches down the river)

what setup would you reccommend

i want to fish the area down lullington lane where there is a little car passing and a style opposite then accross a field and there is the river

had a short walk down there this afternoon before i went to longleat in another topic

saw some bubbles and some promising spots

what could the bubbles be

have you fished that area before

thanks for replying

There are no barbel in frome and the closest river with them in is in Bath. Im not sure if there are still matches. I would recommend a stick float or waggler and the bubbles were probably from tench or bream feeding. I havent fished in that area before but i will probably try it next weekend.