Please recommend a fishery near Nottingham

TrevBoy

Hey guys,

The new season has me itching to get out again (been just too hectic with work etc all summer so far :( )

I find the Trent too big and intimidating to be honest (not a particularly experienced angler) so I am looking to try a fishery to get me back into the swing of things.

I'd like a fishery stocked with plenty of silver and tench, but the most important feature for me is that it isn't one of those venues that has anglers all sitting in full view of each other around a puddle - I like a bit of countryside feel to a place and a little seclusion (and no yobs).

Happy to drive up to half an hour or so from Nottingham, so do you have any recommendations?

Hackett lakes are very near me but it always looks a bit bleak ie no trees or other cover.

Don't mean to sound fussy!

Thanks a lot.

Trev

Used to call it the Bleniem lakes when I last fished it 13 years ago. There were 2 of them by the house.

There were fantastic Tench and Carp in the lake and some big Roach and Rudd. If unchanged you will have great sport.

Bulwell Hall Pond, fish the Pond on the right side of the two had great stocks of Tench and Silverfish also when I last fish with a few nice Bream.

A1 Lakes at south Muskham in pond one or two.

If you fancy a trip then Starmers lake on Tritton road Lincoln, slap bang next to Sainsburys. Big Tench, including Black Tench, with some nice Carp.

Guest twofoottwitch

Hey guys,

The new season has me itching to get out again (been just too hectic with work etc all summer so far :( )

I find the Trent too big and intimidating to be honest (not a particularly experienced angler) so I am looking to try a fishery to get me back into the swing of things.

I'd like a fishery stocked with plenty of silver and tench, but the most important feature for me is that it isn't one of those venues that has anglers all sitting in full view of each other around a puddle - I like a bit of countryside feel to a place and a little seclusion (and no yobs).

Happy to drive up to half an hour or so from Nottingham, so do you have any recommendations?

Hackett lakes are very near me but it always looks a bit bleak ie no trees or other cover.

Don't mean to sound fussy!

Thanks a lot.

Trev

Hi Trev

Hear what you say about the Trent, but it is without doubt the form River at the moment, well for several years really. I appreciate these big rivers can be daunting, but just up your game tackle wise, I have for the Lower Severn which was worse than the Trent last season, and did well with some cracking barbel.

As far as still waters are concerned I am not up to speed on what your area has to offer, if you need any more tips on how to tackle the Trent, I am sure some on here could help, certainly I will try.

Thnaks for the advice, guys!

Was also thinking of the Soar at Kegworth, which is fairly narrow and looks inviting for some trotting. Haven't done that since I was a kid (too many years ago!)

Edited by TrevBoy