Don't mention the Euro

Jim Roper

Jim Roper:

We will never be in the driving seat in Europe.

Every vote in this country will be cancelled out by a lot more somewhere else.

Well we will never know if we are never in at the start.

Why do they want us in anyway?

I can't speak for ALL of them but most French people that I know feel that Europe is 'incomplete' without us and that goes for the Euro too.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

BTW Corydoras? How will you survive in such a god-forsaken place as Normandy? They can't make haggis, you know. :P:D

Graham X:

BTW Corydoras? How will you survive in such a god-forsaken place as Normandy? They can't make haggis, you know. :P:D

But they're keen on hunting.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Graham X:

Well now, other sweaties may disagree, but they can make calvados, cider, andouille and boudin noir. Not to mention camember and bread. I'll trade that lot for haggis any day.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

quote:
But they're keen on hunting.
IMHO shootin' sparras, skylarks, blackbirds and anything else that rustles in hedgerows is murder not hunting.

[ 18. June 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

• 4 weeks later...

On Radio 5 yesterday, they asked their contact in Athens what the main news topic was. It was the way that everything had gone up in price since they adopted the Euro. The average shopping basket now costs 3 times what it used to cost.

We have a Greek chap at work so last night I said to him. "How is your family at home getting on with the Euro?"

"Very difficult". he said. "Everything has gone up 200-300%".

I'm told that similar things have happened in Ireland. Old folks savings have evapourated.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net