devon skippers finding it hard

barry luxton

:D Coincidence or what. I hope to be out with Ian next week on his new boat, staying at Mikes if the weather is OK, maybe it'll be the same trip. Ian's got a cat and I don't think he's finding it hard to get bookings. :D

:D Just had a phone call from a Devon skipper and he's fully booked until the middle of September. He wants me to do a write up on his 'new cat', our last trip was blown off and he can't fit me in until the middle of September, that's how much trouble he's having filling his boat. Perhaps it depends on what part of Devon you are based, or how much you charge. I'll always pay for a trip on a good boat with a good skipper that does his best to catch fish but funnily enough, they're usually booked. :lol:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Just had a phone call from a Devon skipper and he's fully booked until the middle of September. He wants me to do a write up on his 'new cat', our last trip was blown off and he can't fit me in until the middle of September, that's how much trouble he's having filling his boat. Perhaps it depends on what part of Devon you are based, or how much you charge. I'll always pay for a trip on a good boat with a good skipper that does his best to catch fish but funnily enough, they're usually booked. :lol:

That is true, but as the other skippers bite the dust there will be less spots to fill so harder to get charters and prices will go up.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

That is true, but as the other skippers bite the dust there will be less spots to fill so harder to get charters and prices will go up.

:D Not like tackle shops then, as one goes bust another rises like a phoenix from its ashes. :lol:

:lol: I'm fishing some of the Dartmouth Festival, 4 days on 3 different boats at moment, would fish all of them but off to France the folowing week. :D

Many of the charter boats down this way (especially the big fast ones) are not commercially registered, so soon, i have been led to believe, will be classed as pleasure craft and so loose the right to take red desiel - so maybe pump prices are not so far away for them?

If it is true, and they are already finding it hard, things are about to get a whole lot harder for them.

I doubt this SS. I have been claiming the duty back for years on the petrol. I can't see the difference

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk