i have a problem about fishing in lakes!!

sean_213

i have been fishing in lakes on numerous occasions, used plenty of diferent method, but i never seen to catch anything, i have plenty of bites but none take it.

is there anyone who could give me some advise about lake fishing?

what kind of fishing are you doing? all i can suggest is trying smaller hooks or if you are using small hooks try a little larger. also bait. are you putting the bait on the hook properly if its maggots stick it through the little bit of skin on its ass (thats the part where there is 2 dots)

if its bread, casters, paste, sweetcorn make sure the hook is burried properly so its not sticking out anywhere

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

sean_213:

various bates like maggot sweetcorn hemp, but

There no such thing as "Bates". :P:D:D

No seriously I would go for 14, 16, and 18s hooks and light hooklenght from 1.7lb B.S. to 12ozs B.S. and again as Andy-1984 says between the the two dot of the bait - if not thread one maggot up the shank of the hook and one on the point as this will hide mosst of the hook

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

did u fish on bottam midwater,etc etc. in otherwords do u know how to set your depth as its suprising the no. of ppl that have nt got a clue and just set their float up without knowing how deep the lake is