shakespeare travel beach rod

bratfordo

Being fairly new to sea fishing and only ever used cheap telescopic rods whilst on holiday etc.I recently purchased a shakespeare travel beach rod, after reading good reports on the internet. my problem is to me the joints in the rod sections seem awfully tight and I was wondering if there was any tips to solve this , for instance would rubbing wax on the joints work as it does with my fly and spinning rods

Usually all it needs is rubbing the male joint through your hair or over your forehead and roll it several times to coat the entire joint surface. That provides the trace of oil needed to make the joint connect easily and since you should always have your head with you, there is nothing extra to carry (or to possibly forget).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Usually all it needs is rubbing the male joint through your hair or over your forehead and roll it several times to coat the entire joint surface. That provides the trace of oil needed to make the joint connect easily and since you should always have your head with you, there is nothing extra to carry (or to possibly forget).

:D I've found that rubbing the male joint with a pencil lead, graphite, is a good lubricant, don't use oil or grease under any circumstances though as this will degrade the material. :lol:

Dang. Wish I'd read this thread earlier..

What if you have no hair though?

Do armpits work? :lol:

----

First day's fishing - 21/07/08

Caught so far: 6 tiddly little bass (released)

Dang. Wish I'd read this thread earlier..

What if you have no hair though?

Do armpits work? :lol:

:D Possibly, it's the lanolin in the hair that's the lubricant, the greasier the hair the better. "I'm not washing my hair this week dear, I need the grease for my rod joints." It might be worth a try. :D

many thanks for the replies not sure which method to try the pencil is favourite as i have more of them than i have hair. :lol:

This also depends on wether you have any lead left in your pencil :)