Angling Times

Dick Dastardly

I have bit my tongue for a while now but the last two weeks have got me going.Why cant the AT get its facts right?They regularly print things which are simpley not true.Does no one check facts or has no one who works there any in depth knowledge of angling?

Just two examples from the last two weeks alone-

Des Taylors "one of the biggest Cats caught"-Rubbish!

"Bob Church is now established as a true all rounder" he was a recognised Specimen hunter long before he turned his hand to trout

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

quote:

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

.... Des Taylor's "one of the biggest Cats .... "

Stay cool, Budgie!

It was just another AT typo! But at least they got the letters C and T correct :D As you say, it's/he's rubbish

Don't answer this:-

_______________ Posted Image

DG

[ 21. April 2004, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

The above picture clearly shows Des with a gap in his teeth. This week's AT shows some equAlly inane piccies of Des with seemingly perfect choppers. Now we know the truth, Des's smile is false :D . Of far greater importance than whether Matt Hayes smokes or not!!

Dear Peter,

I disagree. I prefer to think of Mr Hayes as a none smoker. Bad enough getting hijacked midway through the living room if one of the boys with as yet un developed brains are watching Sky fishing; But having to listen with intermittent wheezing with the odd death rattle cough or spitting bout would be a bridge too far. Better if said gentleman was/is a none smoker.

Regards,

Lee.

quote:

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

Why can't the AT get its facts right? They regularly print things which are simply not true.

Des Taylor's "one of the biggest **** .... "

Aren't you being a tad unfair, Budgie ?

_____________ Posted Image

Personally I think he probably is "one of the biggest **** .... "

DG