Speed camera query?

Colin Brett

If there was a circular statutory 40 mph sign on display to begin the 40 mph limit, Yes your nicked. You just said it was 40 mph how did you know if there were no signs.

If the signs had been removed and you can prove it at the time of the offence, then get yourself a good brief, cos you will get off.

[ 01. March 2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

In our local paper this week there was a story on speed cameras. It appears that a guy had not signed the form declaring who was the driver. It is not law that you have to sign only that you have to declare who was driving. Case dismissed. A spokesman for the police said they were aware of the loophole and it would take a change in the law to ammend, until that time anyone who does not sign the papers would have the case thrown out.

May be worth checking out and if it is correct don't sign the papers when they come

Perhaps I should clarify. 40 mph on a 70mph section of the A1, Circular boards were in position, but as stated all the cones had been moved and no one was working. I had all ways assumed that if the cones were moved the road was clear to use as normal. Sounds as though I assumed wrongly.

So don't sign the summons? Sadly it's not in my nature. I am now torn between the devil and the deep blue sea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colin

If it was 70 down to 40 you would of had a warning sign at least 800yds before it started.

If the sign is there it should be obeyed at all times, untill removed.

Sorry Colin but as you know ignorance is no excuse.

We've got a similar situation on th M62 between J7 and J5. All 3 lanes fully operational. Plenty of cones, no workmen during peak hours yet speed is set at 50mph. Seems rediculous when all they are doing is replacing crash barriers and installing digital cameras every 200 yards or so.