Liquidized Bread

dizidave

yep. Cut off the crusts first and whizz a few slices at a time until it is REALLY fine. It will hold together well enough without adding water. If you are after Roach, then add a little Turmeric prior to liquidising - this works well in the colder months

Just a hint... get a cheapo liquidiser from a car boot sale. Its when you whizz round the bread and stilton etc that you find it stressful in the kitchen.

You can choose to wet the mixture or just squeeze it in the hand. dry bread def' needs moisture added. Rice crispies make a nice cloud. :P:P

"Muddlin' along"

I had some good success on Saturday at the local river and got 3 chubb out and lost 2.

I was thinking of going back this weekend and specifically targetting them with bread/cheese paste a bit bigge hook etc.

Do I even need to feed at all?

thanks, Dave.

Liquidised bread can be brilliant. I use the cheapest cut white from the local supermarket and leave it a couple of days before processing. You can add all sorts of flavours and colours. You can use it in a feeder, pack loosely, and use flake on the hook. If you are float fishing try squeezing a small handful so that it stays together, lob into the river. It tends to bounce back to the surface but as it breaks up the pieces sink. This creates a marvellous trail of crumbs that can get the chub going without overfeeding. Use fresh flake on the hook.

This can provide all the bait and feed for a good few hours on the river for less than a pound.

I have taken chub to 5lb 12oz on this method.

Peter.