Clas Ohlson – Fishing tackle - Any good?

Hopey

For those of you who know this brand, how good is their fishing tackle?

They are new to me. But basically they are a big DIY, hardware, outdoor activity store etc…a growing brand in the UK.

Sell loads of stuff at reasonable price…including fishing equipment.

Fishing-wise they largely sell spinning stuff….not surprising given it is a Scandinavian brand….but it is good value.

But is it good quality? Is it worth getting or do I risk spending money for the sake of it.

I am new to spinning and looking to buy a rod / real combo. Don’t want to break the bank, but don’t wanna buy poor quality stuff

They do a rod / real combo for a bout £50 (they do cheaper ones as well)….seems reasonable

Anyone know anything about their stuff and if it is any good?

"The wonder of the world, the beauty and the power, the shape of things, their colours, lights and shades; these I saw. Look ye also while life lasts". BB

I know nothing at all about the brand, but with a £50-ish budget I'd be inclined to go with stuff that I know about ... there are masses of 'general purpose' spinning rods about for around half your budget, and plenty of choice in reels from the likes of Okuma etc for the other 25 quid - if you have a local dealer who stocks them, Okuma do some very nice rods too at what seem to be silly-cheap prices.

I'd suggest that for most 'normal' purposes, most half-decent spinning rods are going to do pretty much anything that you ask of them, as long as you stay within their recommended casting weight / line strength and use the right sized (fixed spool) reel.

If you want a seriously nice spinning rod for little cash, find a UK seller on Ebay who sells the Fenwick range ... they're American rods, not too common in the UK but with a very nice finish and action ... I've quite a few of them as they are available in a wide range of lengths and casting weights, and you can often find the lighter rods from as littel as 15 quid plus postage ... and go for a fixed spool reel (or use one you already own :-) ) NOT a multiplier / baitcaster!