something a little bigger please...!

martboy21

There's a lake I fish which contains some nice Wildies, a few King Carp, some very good Perch and millions of small Rudd, anything soft like maggots corn,bread, luncheon meat etc. just doesn't reach the bottom, the Rudd simply destroy it.

I either fish with floaters or maize, (not sweetcorn) and only catch the carp. I also sometimes fish with Rudd and catch Perch.

I find that whilst maggots are a great bait for pretty much all fish, where the tiddlers are prevalent they're next to useless. All fish, even down to minnow size will take maggots so for me the first thing would be to try a different bait.

Also I saw a very good post on here a little while back where a guy was putting a small ball of groudbait around his hookbait to get it through the upper level of tiddlers and down to the bigger ones below. Worked a treat by all accounts...

Good luck!

Pellet perhaps?

The lift method is where you have your float set at the right depth I.e about 10mm above the water showing and an anchor shot - aaa/ssg around 6-8 inches from the hook. This method you fish over depth and you don't want too much shot around the float just enough to have it sit up in the water. And to tell if you get any bites instead if the float going under it lifts up and lies flat - hence called the lift method. Try this link as it explaines it in more detail http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/Section/how-to/Coarse-fishing-advice/Fishing-Rigs/Search-Results/Float-Rigs/Lift-Method/

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Same technique is used on a drift beater float. Brilliant type of fishing

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza