Smoking Gun?

Peter Gowman

This might annoy some (well one hopefully), it'll probably bore most of you to tears after the last few days. But I just couldn't resist it....

A TOP secret Iraqi robot plane was last night hailed by Britain and America as the “smoking gun” to justify war.

The banned “drone”, capable of dropping biological weapons, has been found by UN inspectors.

Amazingly the plane was NOT declared by the team’s chief Hans Blix when he briefed the UN Security Council on Friday.

Furious diplomats accused him of trying to cover up the discovery to avoid war by burying the pilotless plane’s existence in a 173-page document later given to foreign ministers.

It is the first undeclared weapons programme found by the UN — and could sway wobblers to back a new resolution for war.

An envoy for a wavering nation on the Security Council said last night: “It’s incredible. This report is going to have a clearly defined impact on the people who are wavering. It’s a biggie.”

The allies will today demand Dr Blix gives more details. UN sources say the drone, with a 25ft wingspan and a range beyond that allowed by the UN, was found by a team led by a British inspector.

The aircraft could be the same one mentioned in a warning by US Secretary of State Colin Powell a month ago.

He said an unmanned Iraqi plane had flown non-stop for 500km.

Mr Powell added that drones, if transported, could be used for attacks on the US and the west.

the planes (and they have been discussed) are NOT a weapon of mass distruction (as are not the missiles)

if now planes ARE wmd then heathrow sends a couple of hundred out a day as does every other country in the world (and remember ARE the only wsd used on the twin towers ) :)

if they are found to be wmd (rather than the method of transporting them) then germany ,israel,britain ,america etc also has drone planes of wmd ,infact the inspectors are using them themselves :D

[ 10. March 2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest NickInTheNorth

The important fact is that they are an undeclared weapons system. Iraq are supposed to declare all weapons to the UN Inspectors. If they have chosen to hide a "harmless" drone then what else might they be hiding.

It is not the inspectors job to find things, it is the iraqis duty to declare them.

they were already known about (and appeared in the paper and a telly prog weeks ago) they are "spotter planes" same as ours ,so are not weapons as such if spotter planes are indeed weapons then so are binoculars ,satellites, telescopes etc :)

anything COULD become a way of tramsporting wmd lorries ,cars ,tanks or muslems with tanks of gas strapped to them , if he had to count everything he`d be typing for some time ,he has only to list wmd and any ways of producing them not weapons full stop :)

i think (by what my simple mind thinks) he has only to list CURRENT weapons and production methods :confused: so it could be said all he has pre 98 are not current but in the past :confused:

[ 10. March 2003, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

keep trying there Peter , was it you that posted up the post about the three ships sailing round in circles loaded with wmd . More ground breaking news from Peters flying pig production company expected soon.

quote:

keep trying there Peter , was it you that posted up the post about the three ships sailing round in circles loaded with wmd . More ground breaking news from Peters flying pig production company expected soon.

Yoxer

Where have you been? Welcome back mate, Ive missed you.

I had to close my flying pig production co. some pseudo Geordie killed em all cos nobody would pay the ransom.

quote:

No, it was me who posted it but it has all gone very quiet on that front. Even you must concede that it did all sound very suspicious at the time though.

Paul