woodlands thirsk ?????

MARKYMARK

MARKYMARK:

Me and my mate are off to the woodlands near thirsk for a fishing weekend next week,has anyone one got any latest info.

Your help would be appreciated.

mark

Well, I've no up to date info, having only fished it once a good few years ago.

But I have two abiding memories from that visit. The 1st was foul hooking a carp of about 4 to 5lbs in the tail - i thought I'd hooked into Moby Dick, I was knackered & dissapointed when I finally banked the fish!

The 2nd memory was all the bloody rats running around in the undergrowth behind where I was fishing. Now this was not on one of the manicured match lakes & is maybe no longer an issue, but I spent more time watching the undergrowth than my controller!

Anyhow - have a good 'un.

(Oh, something else has just occurred to me , they served hot food :P )

There was a twenty out to a pole angler last weekend as well as quite a few doubles, don't know which lake though. The lake is the one behind the lake in front of the tackle shop if that makes any sense to you.

I was talking to a young lad who fished a match on there last weekend today and he said there were quite a few fish out over the weekend.

Enjoy you trip.

Mark

Mark