Targeting Tench and Bream

Resident Carper

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

genrally,tench will feed over weed bream will not,marker rod out son look for those clear patches,with bream think fishmeal and pellets,tench think fuity(tutti fruity,strawberry,maple cream) etc oh and the old classic close in for tench far out for bream.any more questions?fire away im on one tonite!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

yes cockles!!maggot feeders good for tench,red maggots and a few casters,some hemp...now you got more than enough to play with.black pudding??intresting jeepster tell me more...

AKA RATTY

ive been trying different baits 4 tench this year and the 1 that stands out above the rest is worm flavoured expander pellet. ive had 90% of my tench on them.i even treid 2 rods out at once 1 with sweetcorn, worm,etc on and the other with worm flavoured expander pellet,i had 8 on the pellet and 1 on sweetcorn :D

[ 20. June 2004, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: edd ]

I would go with worm as well. Take a tip end off a meaty lob and let it roll along the bottom, lay on well.

"Muddlin' along"

intersting,i found out on my tenching trip that alot of the tench fall to waggler fished expander pellet,banded to the hook,maybe if i add a little v.d.e. liquid worm i will up my catch rate.anothert one to try.

AKA RATTY

i use sensas carp expander pellets.wot i do is pour some vde lquid worm in then add hot water leave 4 3 mins then put in a seive and run under cold water 4 about 20 secs then put in a pot pour more vde liquid worm in and leave in fridge over nite.Awesome bait :) they stay on the hook lovely no need 4 bands and stuff. let me know how u get on ratty

[ 20. June 2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: edd ]