Shimano contact details.

Ken L

I have a Shinano Beastmaster travel rod that has been used for just one trip. This was not a cheap rod but at some point, I lost the liner from one of the eyes.

I just came to fit a new Seymo guide which is not quite the same as those originally fitted to the rod but is close enough.

Having whipped the new guide into place but not yet covered it in Epoxy, I decided to assemble the rod to see how it looks with one slightly missfitting guide.

As I assembled the rod, the liner of another guide fell out and another one came away in my hand as I checked the rod.

Three rings falling apart on a nearly new and supposedly decent rod is obviously indicative of a manufacturing or materials problem.

Now I'd like to contact Shimano and see what they have to say but their contact details arn't exactly easy to find.

Does anyone have an e-mail address ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Can you not return it to the seller ??

No. I took it out with me in 2012 so probably bought it in mid 2011.

It's a bit past any normal warranty.

If needs be, I'll rebuild the whole rod myself but I'd like to hear what Shimano have to say first.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Does this help. Note the guarantee is 2 years

Shimano warrants to the original purchaser that this product will be free from non-confirmities in material or workmanships for the period of two years from the date of purchase. Please keep your receipt for all warranty claims.

Shimano After Sales Centre

Felindre Servicing (SAS) are Shimano's exclusive authorised Shimano warranty and after sales centre in the UK.

At Felindre Servicing they provide expert reel servicing, with the reassurement of Shimano's endorsement. Felindre's aim is to provide unparalleled service, and they currently return 95% of all reels sent in for service/repair within 24 hours of receipt.

Address
Felindre Servicing (SAS)
Blaen Nant Ddu
Felindre
Swansea
SA5 7ND
Telephone: 01792 796584
Fax: 01792 702525

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

If that is a trout fishery in North Wales then yes, I dealt with them years ago.

Edit: That's what happens when you post late at night after a drink. The important things get missed off posts.

Now, to finnish as I should have done last night.....

Thanks wotnobivvy.

Edited by Ken L
  • Like 1