Tom Stewart fifty popular flies books

Adam247

Hi guys came into acquiring volumes 1-3 of these book anybody able to put a price to them ? Volume 1 has original price on 8s 6d , volume 2 has no pricing and volume 3 has 12s. Volume 3 has seen better days as looks like the bonding to the spine of the book has turned to dust , all relatively in good condition considering there age 50+ years any help would be great , seeing if they would be worth anything now or hold on for a while cheers

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Adam - simplest thng to give you a fairly accurate starting point is to search for the books on Amazon and Ebay. Normally a search by title alone will turn up what you are looking for; add in the author and the search results can be more specific but may actually then NOT show up some of the books that may be available on either site. The most accurate way to search on Ebay would be to search for the ISBN number of the book (were they even in existence back then?) Abebooks is another excellent site for looking up stuff like this.

A word of caution though - it's quite frequent that you will find what you are looking for on Amazon and Abebooks, and the prices on display will be disproportionally high - usually the case when there is only a single private seller with a copy for sale, and they are being extremely optomistic about what someone might pay for the book - I've often seen quite ordinary books offered at prices in excess of £100, then been able to buy the exact same book elsewhere for less than a tenner!

Ahh --- there you go :-) :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=azs_osd_ieauk?ie=UTF-8&tag=amznsearch.uk.ms-21&link_code=qs&index=aps&field-keywords=Tom+Stewart+fifty+popular+flies+

Edited by philocalist

adam,

1 - 3 of how many?

Phone

One if each mate ,

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Thanks guys for replies on information there is no ISBN. Number in any if the books. If I was to hold onto then in there current condition would you expect them to be worth more in a few years time maybe ? At an auction of some sort ? Volumes 1&2 are around £5 to £7.50 each on eBay and 3 between 10&15 considering the cost of what they where back in the 60s they have made considerable increase in value . Even the ones on eBay aren't "mint" mine are by looks better condition on the exception of volume 3 with the binding