Cynisism

Jim Roper

Microsoft says that 2000 and NT4 users are vulnerable because someone has leaked some of their source code.

Has MS done this itself, to try to get everyone to upgrade to XP?

Is XP selling like they wanted it to?

HOW DO YOU EDIT A TOPIC TITLE SPELLING?

[ 13. February 2004, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Delete the post before anyone replies and the thread should go. Then start again. Whoops too late, I've posted!

Nope. You could at one time but a fella posted lots of great stuff in the fly fishing section - couple dozen great how-to things. Then he got upset by something or someone and deleted them all. No consideration at all for the hundreds of replies and additional information they contained.

BBS code was changed after that so you can remove the content of a post but only the mods can remove the entire thread.

The bottom line is that what's been posted becomes Elton's property (as well as Elton's liability).

[ 16. February 2004, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, I was think more along the lines of deleting your own single posts, which you can do on some other forums. In these forums you seem to be able to remove the content, but not the whole post itself.

If a thread still has only the first original post, then deleting this would automatically remove the thread. However as soon as there is a reply, then only individual posts can be removed by those who posted them, or a mod of course.

[ 17. February 2004, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Lid ]