javascript:void(0)

Steve Randles

I'm getting this error (displayed in the bottom left hand cursor of my browser) when the mouse curser hovers over a text hyperlink on a site I visit

java script:void(0)

On my gf's machine these buttons work and when the curser hovers the browser displays the full url in the bottom left hand corner of her browser.

I have tried uninstalling Sun Java and reinstalling it to no avail, also I have changed some of my advanced/internet options around, ie turning on and off sun java and microsoft virtual machine. I running XP pro with all updates, they only other thing is that my mouuse is behaving slightly eratic in that it can stop on the screen as the mouse continues to move.

Any ideas anyone?

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

java script:void(0) is mainly used to call a function created on the webpage when a URL link or a button on a form is click upon. It's most common usage is opening new windows such as totally new web sites, help pages, or form submission pages - ie send this page to a friend, and a new browser window opens and you enter your friends e-mail address etc.

It possibly could be down to the version of windows and/or the browser version that you are using - Im not sure, hopefully some will. :)

JavaSript has virtually nothing to do with Java, only thing they really have in common is the word Java in the name - when JavaScript first came out it was called LiveScript (I think), but Java was added to make it more fashionable (they say). So dont worry about your version of Java when it comes to browsing the Internet - unless you are using web applications that have web pages that call back end Java technologies such as J2EE stuff and EJBs.

Hope this starts the ball rolling on a possible answer to your query.

Gillies :)

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Thanks for that Gillies, its just occured to me that my gf uses Netscape for her browser whereas I use IE6.

Strange that I have not had this problem before though..

I'm still looking for a fix if anyone can help.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet