Another query for newt

nursejudy

help ,when i try uploading an animation ,it seems to work ok,i copy and then paste,but i cannot see them on my computer,not only my animations but everyone elses too(the word assoc mark 4 thread),when i tried the computer at work all the piccys were there ,why has this suddenly happened and can i rectify it.?

Pretty please.

thanks as always

judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Judy go to tools at top of page and choose internet options,click on advanced scroll down utill you see the heading multimedia if not checked check the play animation in web pages

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

really don't know what i have done ,because it was fine up to this last week,

anyway thanks for help kendo

judy

nurse.gif

Judy - they don't animate or they just never show up?

And so I'm sure I'm not confused, normally

uploading means pushing something from your PC to another location like a web site or ftp site or another PC.

downloading means pulling something from another location to your PC.

So did you mean you have problems with stuff you download or stuff you push up/out?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hi Newt

i have a file full of animations,which i have used on posts before ,with the upload facility on an,no problems.then this last 2 weeks they have not shown up in the posts,I can click on the upload and browse ,get the animation,copy it as directed,but when i click on th epicture preview there is nothing,I can paste the item into a post but it will not show up,in fact nobody elses does in the thread word assoc 4.then i tried the computer at work and all the animations were there including mine.

thanks judy

nurse.gif

Sounds like a Firewall to me?! Are you running Zonealarm by any chance?? If so try stopping it for a sec. and then have a look. Just sometimes it stops my Payment logos loading on Ebay. They are there just I can't see them!! Hd Ebay tech staff going for weeks that did!!

Course if you don't run Z/A I don't flippin know!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

So you have every block in the IE Multimedia section checked except the first one that starts "Don't ...." ?

Have you recently

- dumped your cookies

- dumped your temp internet files

- emptied your IE history

- run ad-aware and spybot after updating them?

If not, please do.

If you run any operating system other than XP, also go to add/remove programs and do a repair of IE.

If none of the above helps out, we'll start looking for less common causes. So post back.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President