Incredimail

kleinboet

Help!!

Went to switch 'puter on and the system crashed.

Rebooted but system altered something on incredimail while scanning disc C. Incredimail will not open - I get a message "a critical error has occurred" but no details. WHAT DO I DO?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Get rid of that most annoying email horror. Chances are excellent the folks who get mail from you will like you better.

What OS do you run and what base email client?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Get rid of that most annoying email horror.  Chances are excellent the folks who get mail from you will like you better.

What OS do you run and what base email client?

I don`t have a prob with incredimail, my system is totally clean of spy/adware.

I won`t switch until I find another email client thats better.

No I don`t like outlook/outlook express endura etc...

Simon - Incredi-annoying-mail isn't bad for the sender.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

kleinboet - that last part was my bad. Incredimail is your email client. I was thinking about one of the shell things that needs an email program in order to run.

Try booting to safe mode so almost nothing is started, turning off your antivirus if it is running, going to control panel and add/remove programs, and uninstalling Incredimail.

Once it is gone, reboot and then click on the start button then on run. In the run line, type sfc /scannow and click OK. You will probably need your XP install CD in the drive.

After that I think a reinstall of Incredimail may work and fix things for you. If not there are a few more drastic things to try to more completely remove the app before trying the reinstall.

I'm really not sure how/where it saves your email so maybe good to back up the Incredimail folder before you do this. Uninstall isn't supposed to delete your email and address book but it may.

If you have a copy of the folder saved elsewhere under a different name and can get the uninstall and a good reinstall to succeed, there should be some way to have the new install 'import' all the existing data.

It may not even be an issue because with similar products (outlook, outlook express, netscape) the uninstall leaves your personal data (address book, emails, etc.) alone and the new install just uses them as if there had been no changes made. The idea of making a safety copy of the existing folder before the uninstall is more of a safety precaution.

Thanks Newt, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it retained all my files and info. The only problem is I now have "Incredimail install" 3 times on my menu (won't go to "bin")

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription