Testing a cd r/rw drive

My cd burner appears to be on the blink, as Nero doesn't recognise any disks I put in, and when I eject them they are spinning like crazy. Is there a way of testing this drive before assuming that it is dead?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I don't know how to test it, but how old is it? Apparently they wear out after a few years.

Peter, My CDRW did exactly the same thing, and I had to replace it. The expert said that they are finnickey as the can lose teeth off the plastic gears or the laser going kaput for a number of reasons. Replace it.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Peter!! Before you do just try deleting Nero and re-installing! Or try another programme!! I too have had this same problem several times with my old CD/RW and this was ALWAYS the problem!!

Of course the man at the local shop will tell you that they are crap!! He don't sell gear he don't make a living!!

Incidentally I do know a REPUTABLE iste where a CD/RW can be had for less than £17!! And that includes VAT! 52 speed drive (OEM) version though. And I can get you an NEC OEM version 8 speed dvd for less than £60 delivered!! That way you can record owt tha wants!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))