big trouble

chesters1

just done a format a reinstall of XP as i got into a loop that i couldnt solve,as i tried to go on the net i got a ERROR=711 :confused: which when i tried to solve it came up with an access denied prompt (even with administrator rights) so i went for the format option.

the REAL trouble started when i again went online ,after downloading the nortons updates i then went to Windows update to get the patches etc :( within seconds nortons came up with the virus found box and it couldnt repair it it was an access denied file that couldnt be deleted or be renamed :mad: it was in windows/system/Tqcxd.exe

so i rebooted in safe mode with command prompt and renamed the sucker :D reebooted and deleted the file ,i did another virus scan which showed clear :) .

every time i logged onto windows update virus appeared so i only downloaded a few files at a time, over the few hours downloading 6 virus were intercepted the Tqcxd one twice :mad: so i had to repeat the renaming process again nortons delt with the rest :)

as the hours went on the updates slowly closed the holes available and now fully updated i`m (for a while) clear .

hoorah back on AN,i am sure the viri arnt from mr microsoft but hanging about at the front door ready to barge in

[ 04. August 2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

next time you format and before you go to connect to the web, go to control panel, network connections, right click the icon and go to advanced and make certain that the built in firewall is switched on, this way nothing except what you want should get through, as most viruses and trojans are sat waiting for an open port as soon as you connect to the web

the nortons firewall was up and running untill the widows holes were plugged they could sail through,another easy way in is through messenger (not the netmeeting one but the windows one that comes on at startup) disable that in "services" and half the problem goes away :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson