Blue Screen Problem!!

Chris Goddard

Had what i think was a spike occur on a mates PC the other night during an electrical storm. On booting getting a single beep (Continuous) and a prompt to start in safe mode but ends up at this every time!

STOP:OX000000ED(OX817D7C98,OX0000006,OX000000001 OX 00000000)UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Any ideas please anyone?? Tried to re-insatll windows and seems like it would BUT! Need to ensure info on drive is kept for revenue men!! I.E. Vat records!! And don't want to re-install over existing if that will wipe drive!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Dunno that much about such things but do know that if you reformat the drive, you will lose everthing, but you reinstal windows 98 you get an option to keep all the old stuff. But If I were you I'd wait till some one who really knows answers! Like Newt?

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Just thought if it was a surge then its prob a hardware problem. Hopefully its not the hard drive thats knackered, BTW get a surge protector!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

If you have a 2nd PC available you can pull the needed data off the 'dead' drive before messing around any more and safeguard things somewhat.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware...ntrecover.shtml

I'd do that first since any of the repair methods stand at least a chance of damaging or destroying the data.

Once you've done that, post back for a try at recovering the drive itself.

And tell your mate that if he has critical data on a drive and not backed up regularly to some other media, he is basically begging for data loss. Too many inexpensive, easy, quick ways of backing up data to get in this position.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

inset startup flopy , choose option, 1 help file then exit helpfile

wait for comand promt, type in scanreg/restore

system will then give you 3/4 dates to pick from

choose one that shoul help you restart as normal good luck

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif