putting XP on the computer

kleinboet

What do I do - do I just put the disc in and it does the rest (wiping the old program etc.) And is there anything left of the old programmes - in other words do I back up ALL the info stored.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

you can install it over the top of whatever you're using now and everything will stay (more or less, with a few exceptions, ie anything in your windows folder) where it was, but a better way (if you can be bothered, and to be honest i rarely can) is to back up everything, all your personal data, files etc, and make sure you have install copies of all the software you want to use, format your drive and do a fresh install of windows, then put everything you want back on, it'll take a while though, be warned!

it also depends on what xp it is, if its a shop brought one then its very simple, upgrade your windows you have now unless, you got problems with windows thats why you want to upgrade or you use something like linux. If its a erm aquired xp 9 out of 10 times the disk wont install properly over exsisting windows so you have to go down the root of format make sure you got a boot disk and then a fresh install.

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES