My fishing website

Andy_1984

guest view for images is correct I had that when j tried to look at them.

perch image? only thing I see in the title banner is tench tail: no perch at all. least not on the iPad

yeah a reckon a drop shadow on the title would pay dividends

Just my two bits worth. Long before there was a World Wibe Web or internet sites I was a techincian in a big print shop looking after photo-typesetting machines and lithographic presses. I picked up a fair bit of typographical skills by "osmosis" from the printers and graphic designers. One of the things that I learned from them was that if a drop-shadow makes a page look better then there is something inherentl;y wrong with the page layout. drop shadows are typographic "kitch". Have you tried making the title in a solid colour?

Second thing is that the article on the perch fishing would read a lot better if Andy had used the word "two" "three" etc rather than putting numerals in the middle of text. This is very bad design. Look in any book or magazine article and they will always use "two" or "three" rather than 2 or 3.

Like I say, just my two bits worth, there are no hard and fast rules.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Try it on a real machine with a real operating system and a real browser rather than some emasculated kiddies toy ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Jim the numbering thing was my doing, must remove post haste before he see's it lmao.

Thought it would have read better. oops.

No mate, look in any newspaper and you will never see "2" for "two. Even the Daily Mail ;)