Nice to know the mojo's back!

Matthew Simmons

post-24322-0-38321400-1385990008_thumb.jpgpost-24322-0-04780000-1385990570_thumb.jpg

After 'enjoying' Steve's (JV44) exploits in emptying MY local lake of double figure pike in just a couple of sessions, while I remained totally biteless after 3 sessions, on the back of a really cr*p autumn barbel campaign in my 'banker' autumn barbel swims - I was beginning to think I'd lost the old mojo!

The river Wey on the FAS ticket is small but perfectly formed, and after a couple of hours trickling maggots on this new venue for me I had some nice chub and grayling. Here's the best of the chub (probably about half the size of Anderoo's :-) ) but lots of fun on the pin in 12 inches of water.

Lovely looking chub! I'm contemplating going out on Sunday for a few hours, a combination of no enthusiasm and a new baby has meant I havn't been for a couple of months now! All these pictures of chub are slowly getting under my skin and increasing my urge to go :)

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Matthew I have struggled chubwise and may have to give up on the meat and give them what I suspect they wan`t bread...after dark sessions later this week seem best bet ,congrats on getting your mojo back mate... I blanked last 2 Piking trips so my mojo is fast disappearing if something don`t come along soon

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

One of my favourite rivers, I used to fish there when I lived in South London - great to see a pic of it again :) Congrats on a great session, good to know the grayling are still there! I had a spot down there that usually held double figure carp, amazing fun in that little river. Let me know if you want details, although I can't guarantee they're still there...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Matthew I have struggled chubwise and may have to give up on the meat and give them what I suspect they wan`t bread...after dark sessions later this week seem best bet ,congrats on getting your mojo back mate... I blanked last 2 Piking trips so my mojo is fast disappearing if something don`t come along soon

I am thinking along the same lines Steve - already liquidised a couple of loaves - also got in some blue cheese in for a fresh batch of paste. Possibly the Loddon or maybe the Thames if I'm feeling brave. And then there's those kennet roach we talked about .... M

One of my favourite rivers, I used to fish there when I lived in South London - great to see a pic of it again :) Congrats on a great session, good to know the grayling are still there! I had a spot down there that usually held double figure carp, amazing fun in that little river. Let me know if you want details, although I can't guarantee they're still there...

Yes Anderoo, one of mine too - I hadn't fished the Wey since the 70's on the Woking ticket and it was great to go back albeit to a different stretch. The grayling were in the first swim and first cast too - I thought my luck was REALLY in. I'd be interested in the river carp, given how the chub pulled back in such a confined space! Why not come with me as a guest? Whats the best time of year? M

I am thinking along the same lines Steve - already liquidised a couple of loaves - also got in some blue cheese in for a fresh batch of paste. Possibly the Loddon or maybe the Thames if I'm feeling brave. And then there's those kennet roach we talked about .... M

What about a stab for the kennet fish over the Chrimbo break?? or just let me know when you are free

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: