Peter does this help

Nugg

No.

That makes no sense whatsoever :D

Which one's Channel 4?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

your telly if its fairly modern will tell you what frequencies are which

wide.jpg

14.jpg

the top one is manual tune on our widescreen it lists lots of channels used and unused (all 99 on scroll).

the other is our little telly it lists 1 channel at a time ,to find out the channel number i just scroll through the numbers till chan4 (for instance is displayed)yours probably won't be the same as mine as we dont use the same transmitters

your splitter shoud work fine just plug all the boxes into the 3 scart bit and the flying lead that hangs out of the splitter into the telly scart.

switch on 1 box at a time and it will be seen, if you only switch one box on at a time it will work ,the difficulty comes when you turn 2 on at a time.

the top one of mine you can see has more than 1 scart (hence av2 on the screen) to scroll through them i just press AV on the remote repeatedly.

to set your telly up using just ariel leads take out the scart ,daisy chain the ariel leads (i.e from your ariel to dvd out of dvd via arial out then into video in then video out to the tv ariel input etc (lots of leads different ends),then use autotune to find your normal channels .

when that is done choose a unused channel on your tv turn on vid and use manual search to find the vid and then store it ,choose another vacant number turn off vid turn on dvd and repeat.

dont fret yet if using ariel leads you still cannot get one of your boxes they can be set up to accidentally be on the same frequency as another channel ,get back and i'l advise further :)

it would be best to use the 1 scart on your tv to connect the dvd to it ,but go through the other actions first but remember although the box (whatever one) is off it should be on standby ,some being switched completly off stop the signal from going through the internal tuner so the signal from your ariel is broken and your telly wont find anything on searching.

if you decide to settle just for the one scart on the dvd to the telly then take out the ariel leads (going in and out of the dvd)and go from ariel to vid etc leaving the dvd out of the chain.

probably within the setup of the dvd theres a video menu where you can get the best results onto the telly

you think you have probs but our old house had a moveable sattellite ,stereo,surround sound processor ,dvd ,vid, computer and a mac2 decoder set up all to the telly ,lots of sweating but in the end all worked

[ 04. December 2004, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson