Gaining Time

Couple of things.

First - this is not unusual and does not indicate a problem with the PC. The internel device they use to keep 'time' is for their own operation and while it is usually close to people time, it is almost never exact. They will gain or lose a little time and as long as they always do the same amount, the PC is fine.

Second - the best option is to arrange for the PC to speak with an internet time server at least once a day and to update it's time so it matches the time server. Newer operating systems like 2000 and XP have the mechanism as part of the OS. Older versions will need some 3rd party software to do the deed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Newt

I was just wondering if it was a few clicks to sort it but I can live with it. Just have to remmber not to look at pc clock before going to work don't want to get there too early :)

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

I use NISTIME:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_desc...id,23895,00.asp

A freebie that does the job, just download the version that's right for your OS.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.