Duplicate Metatags

Elton

What happens if you have, say, two lots of 'keywords' on the same page?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton,

Almost every SE crawler will only pick up the first set...it looks at the metaname construct and says 'yes i have indexed the content, yes I have indexed the keywords'...any duplicates are simply ignored.

An old method of adding 1000's of keywords was to have a white background and font color white, with 1000's of keywords on the page but invisible...I know Google and Yahoo ignore this so it may be a waste of time.

Cheers.

It's not that I'm trying to add thousands, just that I've got a script on one site that is writing it's own and adding a separate line with a few in. I'll sort it one day, but as long as they are just ignored, that's fine for now.

All the best,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hmmm...

Meta tags - not considered by Google. In Yahoo and MSN you are better off with ONE WORD or phrase in the meta description than with 20 or several hundred. Yahoo and MSN you can easily achieve rank by playing with Keyword density and the like.

With Google concentrate more on content (which you have here) and incoming links. Look at where your competitors are linking from and try and get links from the same places.

If your sites are on the same server or host be VERY wary about Interlinking them to each other - G! detects this as spam (by IP and whois supposedly).

For more info on tags and the like check out www.webmasterworld.com. Really TITLE is the most important, the rest are pretty worthless (from the days when AV was king!!).

Ian

Ian W