Welcome to the Revolution

gus

Congratulations Simon have read your article in Junes edition of boat fishing.

I am waiting in anticipation on the next edition to see how you rig the yac but from some of the other photos you have posted i might be able to guess how.

Some of my work colleages who have been taken the mick are also waiting so bring it on long live the kayak fisherman/person.

PS when are you launching the kayak fishing monthly.(only kidding...or maybe not)

GUS :P

Thank you for those kind words Gus. I now need to find a means of keeping my camera dry while launching through the surf!

I would have loved to have my camera with me when Stuart (Nifty) and i went Tope fishing yesterday. He had his pocket digital with him, which I took off him while he played the fish - we nearly dropped it in the drink betweent eh two kayaks!

I'll try and go with hime again with just tope gear and the camera. Truth is we were taking too much gear with us and it got cluttered, so the camera got left ashore. It won't the next time!

Cheers for now.

Simon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon, have you looked at the Otterbox's there is also another make with only one large catch which is a lot easier to undo, both are waterproof and come in various sizes, I've noticed that one or two of the camera shops are selling them now. I have one for more my digital whilst I await the arrival of my dive case, works a treat.

That Tope was fantastic.

Guess that was you on the phone to the wife this morning... heard all about my record bass now then.

:D:D it took 2.5 hrs to get to the cost from work, but it was such a nice evening, I only had a pack of small Hiro feathers and no bait, should have taken a book to read. :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Dave,

I had a Pelican case but it got nicked along with all my large format gear. I'll have to see if I can find a smaller one. BUT I am still not too happy about taking the D2X and lenses out - the body is £3500!! I have an old F4s which I don't mind risking - will even mount it on the triple mounting bar and fire it with the radio slave - no wires! Needs to be calm though, elecrics don't like salt water.

We'll get some of you up for a bash before these Tope leave for deeper water. Nifty is out there again today - I am back at work unfortunately. He has just phoned to say he has just landed another one of about 35lbs - first bait and no rubby dubby. This looks like a sure fire mark on either tide now. We are quite happy to share it with a few of you if anyone fancies a go. We need plenty of mackerel - so you lads down south, if you can catch a bucketful because that is one thing we don't have at the moment. The mackerel won't arrive up there for another 6 weeks - by which tme the Tope have moved off. There are also plenty of black bream, lads catching them off the shore to 2lbs with a 50 yards lob.

Get on up here!

Simon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Ooh you tease you .... why spoil me with all this good fishing that I cannot get to ... too far away ... not enought time ...

...too much work and business trips to Suriname and Germany in the next 10 days .... bu**er.

But keep up the reports .... and the pics ... reading about somebody else's fun is the next best thing :)

Just a thought, how do the Quality 5 megapixel digitals compare with your Nikon's when using the image for print, I've just bought a Canon Powershot A95 for a bargain price, going to do some comparisons using Photoshop.

That Tope fishing sounds fantastic, I'm out of brownie points at the mo so will have to give it a miss. Thanks anyway

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

5 MP is not far short of what the press guys were using a couple of years ago. The Nikon D1 was only 6.4 - so the quality will be ther for anything up to just short of a page. Magazine publishing takes its toll of digital because the print screen is 300 dpi. Newsprint can get away with 150 dpi - suddenly that is 4x bigger picture - because it is squared for area don't forget. But it is creditable - my D2X is 12.4 MP and will give A3 posters at 300 dpi - that is the difference.

I shall probably use my Hassleblad and film and then just get it scanned at processing time. I had forgotten about it momentarily - it onl gets used for certain commercial jobs and travel stuff. Great little 35mm camera - rangefinder with either 35mm standard frame or panoramic double frame. Called the XPAN it is very handy and the results are glorious.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon,

Have you heard of a piece of software called Genuine Fractal, it will enlarge a digital image by 3x without any loss of quality, we use it alot in Advertising, obviously you need a quality image to start with.

Don't know how it does it but It's bloody marvelous and cheap as chips. Well nearly. :)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

don't forget though, with digital as with any camera, its not just how many pixels (or the quality / type of film) the lens plays a massive part in image quality. a first generation Nikon D1 with 6.4 mpixels and a decent lens will produce images streets ahead of a compact 'domestic' camera, regardless of its pixel output

Cheapest option is an old film camera and scan the film!!! Better quality too. I had some 35mm negs scanned to 600MB last year. These were for 8' exhibition panels. Looked great from 3 feet away.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo