new boy

yakmad

hi,

just to say hello,i'am a new member of this great site of yours.I live in cornwall close to newquay but am hopefully moving to dorset soon.I have been fishing from my ok frenzy for about a year.Found your site about a week ago and it's great to know that there are others in the u.k who share this fantastic way of fishing.I managed to get two other people into it down here and they are well hooked.If anybody is ever down this way or needs any info feel free to give me a shout.I will be pleased to help.But you will have to be patient with me as computers and all this stuff is new to me.

Good luck to anyone who is going out ,hope you catch a biggun.

hi speciman, Thanks for the offer will definately take you uo on it if everything goes ok with the house sale etc.trying to move to a village near west bay.Should get to know pretty soon.I went out last saturday from mevagissey(a small port on the south coast of cornwall) with a mate had 62 mackerel and one herring between us.The first and only herring i have ever had(been fishing down here from shore etc for twelve years).The sun was shining and the sea was like glass as it got to late evening, had a great laugh out on the water with a mate beautifull scenery good fishing.You just can't beat it can you?

cheers

Yakmad

Welcome on board Yakmad, we are all slowly crawling out from the woodwork.

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Starvinmarvin,

I don't think it will take too long for this sport to take off. Everybody down here that talks to me about it and already fish trom either the shore or boat think it is a great idea.Some of the commecial boys look at us a bit strange when they come past us but it just gives us a giggle to see their expressions.

cheers

Yakmad

Hi Yakmad - know how you feel, you should have seen the scramble for cameras when I paddled out to where the charter boats were anchored up fishing for Tope the other day. Nifty was already achored up about 400 yards off and ther was this bloody great 38 footer no further out than we were! Stuart even caught a Tope - all I could get were doggies a Bull Huss and a Dab! He has a magic touch that man - caught another about 35lbs today he did the jammy bugger.

See you on the water.

Simon

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Simon,

I wish i could catch any size tope as i haven't had one yet.Don't get that many down here.Closest would be bull huss 10.5lb my biggest from shore though not yak.The pics were fantastic hope to see some more soon.I am going to try and get out tommorow evening for a few hours if i can(wife and 3 year old).

cheers

yakmad