Another Newbie

essex caper

Hi Specimen I have the transducer fitted by the front hatch at the moment I'm using Polystyrene block which is glued in place and then the transducer is covered in Vaseline

which works really well. Starvinmarvin of course you can use pictures hopefully I'll have a double figure base to get me in the hall of fame. :D

Thanks Essex, look forward to that double figure Bass, hopefully I'll get there first. :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Kelvin,

virtually all finders have a bracket mount which simply allows you to unscrew the mounting fastners and leaving the bracket in situ take the unit off. The cables are srcewed sockets, so they too come off and you just have to tidy the ends up for transport.

Recharge the battery by using your car battery charger - Halfords do a simple 6v / 12V one for about £15. Quite sufficient. Batteries can be any leisure battery, preferably gel type. Try looking in a shooting magazine (Countryman's Weekly is a good source) for a lamping gel battery - a 17 amp hour battery for use on a waist belt weighs about 5lbs and will give you about 5 or 6 hours from my calculations. DO NOT OVERCHARGE THEM. So don't just turn on and forget - keep an eye on the time !

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Kelvin,

The Humminbird's come with a quick release base, this means that you can remove the display at the press of a button, all the cables are held within the base, just push the display back on the mount until it clicks and away you go.

I use a 3.3 amp battery (Maplin £14.99) they do a charger for it at, be careful because they are for fixed amps make sure you get the right one, I get several days fishing from a single charge.

Check out Project Caper on my website it gives full installation instructions with details of the fittings.

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/KayakProjec...Fishfinder.html

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

That's interesting Dave. I think I might get one of those small ones for the P13. I have the Raymarine gorgeous piece of kit but am saving it for the Dorado - bigger ambitions with that one. Anyone for Cuba? At 4.5 knots average I reckon we could make it in about 4 weeks :D Provided we didn't get distracted by the excellent fishing off Iceland and Greenland :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo