Lymington and Pennington marshes

Zzippy

Met up with Specimen and Simon Everet at Pennington sea wall Saturday at 1pm.

We collected some Soft back and Peeler crab for our session.

We were targetting the Smooth hound for a photo shoot.

Got out on the water about 3pm ish.

Headed out about 300 yards and got fishing.

Specimen had a nice Smooth hound on the first cast but it jumped the hook as it got by the side of the yak.

Simon Everet and I got Plagued by small bass and bream.

As the Tide pushed up we headed inshore a bit to a spot we knew that the smooth hound ran through.

Simon and Specimen decided to use crab baits and I went with Big ragworm baits.

After about an hour my reel's rachet screemed.Picked up the rod and Struck into it.It felt like a small Hound,I was suprised to find it was a 2lb 6oz Flounder.I didnt know Flounders could fight like that from a boat

By now the Sun was setting and was getting late.None of had caught what we were going for(Smooth hound).So I suggested that we up anchor and Drift back towards the launching point.

Just as I said that Specimens reel screamed as a fish had bolted with his bait.After about 15 minutes of playing it in he landed a nice Starry smooth hound of about 8lb.

Simon took some photos that we will subbmit as soon as he gets them developed

I managed a few pics on my Digi camera.But none of the smooth hound as the light had faded too much and didnt know how to operate the flash as I had only just bought it

What a good finish to the day .

Zzippy

The launch point

65zntg

Looking towards the Isle of Weight from the launch point

65zoe8

Specimen and Simon Everet getting burnt:)

65zomg

Looking towards Hurst castle with Isle of Weight in the background

65zotx

My 2lb6oz Summer Flounder

65zp0x

A nice sunset looking towards the sea wall at Pennington

65zp7c

Time to wake Simon up:)...Its been a long day for him.

65zpk2

zzippy2.gif

Looks like a great day out you lucky chaps, I was busy working on the Yak rather than paddling it, silly really but trying to get it ready for Wales.

Would love to pinch a couple of the shots for AA if that's alright.

Well done on the Smoothy you old hamster. :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Starvinmarvin:

Looks like a great day out you lucky chaps, I was busy working on the Yak rather than paddling it, silly really but trying to get it ready for Wales.

Would love to pinch a couple of the shots for AA if that's alright.

Well done on the Smoothy you old hamster.    :D  

Helpyourself to the photo's you want Starvin :)

We will give you a shout next time we head that way.

I think it will be pretty soon though as Specimen wants a stingray from sowly :D:D

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Couple of great guys. They looked after me well and were very generous with their bait. I shall have to return the favour to you two soon.

Took film in yesterday, it should be ready today but I am about to jump on the bike and drive to Kent - it's only 4 1/2 hours! Got a monsterous V8 trike to shoot. Then drive home again.

Got my gear ready for the Welsh attack though. Hopefully we can a tope for each rod over the couple of days Starvinmarvin, have you got everything ready to deal with teeth gnashing at the side of your kayak? Apparently Tope are very partial to mackerel with Capers :D:D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon,

I finally finished playing with the Prowler last night, she is to heavy for the rack but, just fits inside the van so she is coming to play, just need to put her in the water tonight to make sure the finder works OK.

Might try and get some more mackeral, had to buy some at the weekend due to lack of time, plus I missed the morning tide. I've got 10 good size and 4 old ones from the bottom of the freezer for rubby dubby.

It's getting close.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

We can buy frozen ones aswell from the locsl tackle shop. Hopefully we can spare a few hours to go out a bit and feather a few up to augment stocks. Garfish are a good bait for tope - Charlie reckons they are the best. Small whiting/pouting/whatever fished live or dead work well and have the benefit of keeping the dogfish at bay!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo