Thanks for the E-Mails.

RIGGING PROWLER FEATURE 2 - FIRST PARAGRAPH:

" One of the first things to do when the Prowler 13 had been delivered was to work out how to turn her into a usable fishing conveyance. Certain decisions had to be made, where was I going to stow the various items required when out at sea? This doesn't just involve the fishing tackle, certain safety features need consideration too, just like on a boat. All day on the water, expending energy paddling requires some thought too. Food and drink needs to be readily available."

THAT IS THE FIRST PARAGRAPH,VERBATIM,IN THE MAGAZINE.

But, of course, I was irresponsible and mentioned nothing about safety. I think not.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read and enjoyed both articles, like I have read and enjoyed the articles in Kayak Fishing Magazine from the states.

Lets not get personal about these issues, and start bickering amongst ourselves, we are a group of like minded individuals enjoying a great sport, lets enjoy it.

This is starting to turn into the way it was when I first signed up to other Fishing forums, with bitter angry fishermen turning on kayakfishing and the safety of it all, that was until I found friends on AnglersNet.

Lets just leave it there, and all promote the sport in the best way we can, by helping and guiding others.

Life is to short, well it is when your 5' 5" tall :)

SM

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi All.

I would like to sincerely thank you, for your valuable input regarding this topic.

For your open mindedness, courage to speak up, and vision.

In general I think this has highlighted the fact that commercial enterprise( in every aspect ) is money orinentated,very sad, and very obvious.

Im relieved and proud of the fact that some of us here put people, friends, and thier welfare before any financial gain or commercial interests.

This comment is a generalisation and not directed at anyone, or any particular body.

Yakity.

Hi Simon.

Read your comments with interest.

You say that your features were writen BEFORE the Kayak forums even started??

Well I cant dispute that, but what I can say now on behalf of all Kayakfisherman, is, can you please ask your editor to give reference to +ANGLERS NET-KAYAKFISHING UK-and ANGLERS AFLOAT in the Magazine and the features that follow on.?

It would be prudent to have these places of reference displayed with EVERY feature in the future, not much space required for that.

If the Magazine cant spare the space for our safety issues, perhaps they will point people to the above sites and places of reference, where they can access the valuable information that is availiable to them regarding the safe practice of Kayak Fishing and other guidence and help from us all.

I can not see any reason they would refuse our request, or want too.

Simon I try not to upset and offend people, if I upset you, or offended you then Im sorry, and any one else here too.

Im certainly not here for that, but I am here for the sport and our fellow Kayak Fisherman and will fight tooth and nail for thier well being, and the sports wellbeing.

So lets go forward from here, go see your editor and sort him out, after all, you are one of us, and as you say, with your abounding exprtise and experience, and your sound grounding within the industry, they surely wont argue.

Yakity.

Starvinmarvin.

I can remember when you first arrived on Anglers Net.

If you remember I was engaged in debate with members on the Sea Fishing Forum, where I first introduced the sport, and getting a pasting from them over safety issues, and people thinking I was selling Kayaks.

Look where we are now, Anglers net have kindly given us our own forum,our numbers have grown, and Kayak Fishing has earnt the respect of others on the forum.

That didnt come about by sitting on the fence and saying nothing.

You must see the implications of what could have happened with the release into the media.

Perhaps it suits you better to say nothing.

But, please dont relate whats being debated here as arguing, or bickering, its far from that.

Its purly upfront and honest concerns being aired.

As Newt has said, maybe people dont view the issues the same as me, or just dont want to face them.

Sorry I didnt mention Anglers Afloat previously, You picked up on that quick enough.

Yakity.

Hi All

YY - great to see you back, was beginning to worry I might miss out on our trip out this Summer.

My Opinion.

My name here is Yaskalos which, is Greek for 'Teacher', the word 'forum' also has its roots in the Greek language. A Forum was a place where people could come, present their beliefs, thoughts, opinions in a coherent manner and open these to others of similar status to comment on. It was the foundation of modern democracy. If a topic raises the emotions of those who participate in a 'forum' then the topic should and must be continually debated as this will be to the benefit of all.

Why?

Because from debate and discussion we all gain knowledge, and as an educator of adults I firmly believe that knowledge is power. Knowledge gives us the opportunity to make our own decisions as informed adults.

The only other way we can learn as humans is through experience, to not be informed fully regarding an issue such as safety means only experience remains.

You do NOT learn after you have drowned, only those who remain learn from your experience!

Nick

Hi Yaskalos.

Nice to talk to you again to mate.

The post you have just put up is a very impressive one, wish I had the same command.

Hopefully, this situation will resolve itself, with the help of the editors of the Magazine and Simons input to them, time will tell.

Will be in touch re the trip, looking forward to meeting you.

Yakity.

NEA Andy:

Well I for one think it's big of you to come back & say  your piece Bill but I'd like to make one thing clear!

Kayak fishing in the UK has been around as long as I can remember over here & where I go fishing the local lifeguards have given me detailed accounts of their experiences dating back to the 70's so all this "new to the UK" stuff should really be aimed at sit-on-tops & not canoes/kayaks in general.

Having said that, the safety issues cannot & should not be ignored! I read Boat Angler last month with Simon Everett in & enjoyed it but as you said the safety issues WERE missing but we need to find out why before flying off the handle! Maybe it was missed or not enough room or summit & might be in the next issue (I've not read it)

For me the best way is to promote safety in the best way we can & hope these posh mags take notice of us mere mortals, LOL

As for sponsors, fame etc. you get that in all sports but my personal view is to enjoy life to the max b4 I peg it, let them get on with it and let us meet up to fish     :cool:  

Hi Andy.

Kayak Fishing has been around in the U.K. for a long while yes.

Practiced mostly by lone individuals doing there own thing.

Now we have lots of people joining in, numbers and interest are growing as you know.

Now, with the entry into the Boat Fishing Magazine, I expect even more will join in.

Never in this country has the sport recieved such publicity, via the Internet, and now the media.

If ever there was an incresed need for more safety information, this is it.

The sport and its members need organisation and safety codes for help and guidence.

I relate back to what Newt said, not evry body will view the importance of safety in the same manner as me.

But please umderstand, that it was me who first put Kayak Fishing on Anglers Net, I dont make that statement to try and gain adoration, or the ohh look what I did syndrome.

I say it because I feel responsible to all those here.

This is also why I keep on and on about how the sport is handled, and making sure the new guys get all the help we can all offer.

If we start getting complacent just because AT THE MOMMENT things are going well, then we invite fate to play its part, uninvited and unwanted.

Yakity.