Thanks for the E-Mails.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chaps, Re needing Anglersnet among others getting a mention in the mags.....why isnt there any link or mention of it on Anglersafloat..... :rolleyes: or, did i just miss it..... :confused:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hi Norrie,

Sorry but you did miss it :rolleyes: there is a good mention on that site if you continue to scroll down through the links to uk fishing,

Jon.

[ 30. June 2005, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: musket ]

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi Norrie,

There has always been a link to AnglersNet, it's now been changed to the new URL that Elton set up:

www.kayak-fishing.co.uk

Elton and AnglersNet has done so much for us yakkers it would have been rude not to.

Starvinmarvin :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Encouragement isn't needed here IMHO, just look at the replies! All dealt with amicably, gentlemanly & without anyone spitting the dummy! What more can a mod ask for, LOL. All top blokes with a good sense of responsibility about them which is difficult to find in any forum these days!

I personally think that as long as we as individuals realise the dangers and promote the safety aspect of Kayak Fishing, the lesser the chances are of a "told you so" thread appearing all over the net & news alike when someone gets washed away etc.

I think that as a small collective of keen Kayak Fishermen we should use every avenue we can to promote safety in our sport to help it grow. Bill (YY), I'm right there with you on that as you know and will not stop at any time but we must all fire as one gun when promoting the sport & going by this thread it looks to me like we need to try & pressure ALL mags into printing safety aspects of Kayak Fishing whenever there's an article,not boats, not shore or any other but Kayak Fishing is our issue.

Simons Boat Angler article was our first sit-on-top article so we could forgive the missing safety article IMO as there seems to be a mis-understanding of some sort but maybe getting them to print something later will be good for us (before it's too late).

Maybe if we all write in they'll listen & print something :)

Hi Andy.

Ive asked Simon to have a word with the editor of B.F.M.

To see if they will print the links to our Kayakfishing forums.

Enabling interested newbies to reach us all for valuable advice on safety, and equipment choices, also sound advice on how to go about the sport.

I feel the links should be included with every article.

Havnt heard from Simon yet, he is proberbly busy.

If we get no joy, then I think we should contact Jim Whippy ourselves and put our point across as a group.

This will need the support of us all, not just the odd one or two.

Yakity.