Spill the beans Starvinmarvin

Zzippy

Hiya Starvin.

I think its about time you told all what you have done with your Swimming Noodles that you bought from lidl's :D

We have been waiting for a month :D:D

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Hey, I've been busy loosing my Anchor.

Speciman knows the secret. All the pictures have been taken, I've just got to write it up and post it. I've got to say it all worked rather well.

Patience, it's a virtue don't you know.

I'm also working on some product reviews, and a paddle clothing article which I'm working on with one of the UK suppliers, I have to admit that I was more than sceptical about some clothing they sent me, but it was bloody marvelous, I'll never wear a wetsuit again, well maybe for the missus. :D

SM:)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I did read about the Anchor but didnt mention it

But seeing as you brought it up....... :D:D

Looks like I will have to wait a while longer for the Noodle thingy :rolleyes:

Cant wait till I read your review on Clothing,as I just wear wet suits at the moment.

I use a 5mm neopreane in the colder months,a 3mm farmer John style for the warmer months,and am going to now get a shorty.

Dont think the shorty will go well with my missus though as it has a zip at the back.She just likes the type you can pull off :D:D

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

I've worn wetsuits for over 25 years, tried drysuits as well, thought that I'd always wear wetsuits, but the paddle trousers and cag that Palm sent me are really comfortable and warm, which was a big suprise as they are so thin and light.

We were fishing for a good 7 hours on Friday mostly sat at anchor and I didn't feel the cold until the last hour, so I went for a paddle and I was fine again. I asked Speciman how he was in his drysuit and he was starting to get cold as well. So top marks for the paddle gear. Can't wait to try their winter stuff. :)

Never mention the anchor again

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Bunch of fairies the lot of them. I was just in shorts and a rugger shirt - out for same length of time with my feet dangling in the briney! Lovely and warm it was, don't know what all the fuss is about... :D

Saturday was wet - very wet, nearly as wet out of the water as in it, in fact I would swear it was wetter. I just used my good old Gill jacket and a - yes, you've guessed it, pair of shorts. I dry more easily than trousers you see. I was fine. It wasn't cold. You wait till you have to negotiate the ice floes mate, then you'll know what cold is all about - roll on the winter cod :D

More importantly, is the relieving situation. I know they exist, but I can't find one of those camel bladder things that you can use to, how can I put this delicately? I can't. Pee in. There, I've said it. I have improvised with all sorts of things now - the tradition beer bottle, only there were no French rugger supporters to hand it to. Warm, British beer monsieur? The carefully opened Ammo bait freezer bag works quite well - but not if there is bait still in it. The 2 litre fizzy pop bottle is undergoing alteration, by cutting the top off at an angle, to try that for comfort - but they are a bit thin. I think I shal be reverting to the deer hunters' high seat stand-by of a 2 litre milk container which will tie off by the handle.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Meanwhile, back to the anchor...did you know it tried to escape before Nifty took pity on it's plight and cut it free? Maybe Starvin had better explain. :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon - for those 'calls of nature',

http://www.cabelas.com/products/Cpod0014250.jsp

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The only reason you didn't feel the cold Simon is that you kept paddling off to the horizon when you weren't busy taking pictures of everyones catches... well nearly everyones. :(

As for the peeing, that's what scupper holes are for, just let it go and it will flush out.

Anchor, what anchor, oh that anchor, don't you mean W-Anchor, yes well, hmmm, Art has already mentioned that in earlier dispatches, nuff said.

Newt, only you could have found such a thing, now try and find one for a number 2.

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X