Water jet right size for a kayac

doshkadog

.jpg"]http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/files/jet3[1].jpg

This is avalible from Prestwick model supplies along with a 22.5 cc marine inboard pertrol engine that developes 6.5 horse power. How fast would that propel a canoe??????

Ive planted the seed lets see if anyone does it!

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL

I think we are moving away from why we do it, peace and quite, getting up close to the wildlife.

Please don't let Simon see this, he's bound to come up with something noisier or faster and he'll probably try and throw it all together and make one. :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Yes the idea was a propolsion system to get you to the fishing marks (and further and faster)then switch off and paddle for close approach. There would be no protrusions from the hull of the yak (like a jet ski) But a gallon of petrol in one of these engines would run all day, Just an idea.

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL

Wrong, those engines we used to use for racing radio controlled boats - offshore! One of my favourite races was around Brixham harbour. They rev to 25,000 if you get the tuned pipe right and a gallon of fuel (it is actually a methanol mix which is dieselled - ie presure combusted with a glow plug) will last about an hour - if you're lucky! But the boats used to do between 50 and 60 mph! We had a cross channel race each year too. Many boats were faster than the chase boats and so got out of radio range and were lost - but they were only built for that one race, usually out of very thin ply (1mm skin) and a popular motor was an old chain saw engine. Basically they were self propelled fuel barges - but what a fuel barge!!

No, I've got a proper sized one to play in (when I get a new engine for her. I blew it up in Cardiff at the weekend).

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Thank god for that... the madness may stop. :)

Sorry to hear of your loss Simon, thought you had sold her, or is this another of your many toys?

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

mmm......may add a whole new dimension to the term 'melt down'; but could be fun for a while.

Sounds like a recipe for a DIY Viking Funeral -probably save a bit on flares though....

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

This is the sensible family boat! Only 45 knots this one - well limps around at about 20 at the moment with loud clatterings from the valves.....

If it's got tits or an engine, it's gonna give you trouble :D:D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Doskadog

You may be interested in these: Mokai.

I don't think the max hull speed of a kayak is very fast unless you can get it on the plane. I've heard reports of guys trying more powerful trolling motor on their yaks and finding no increase in speed just more wake. I could be wrong on this though.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow