This Kayak cart will take some beating.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there Speciman,

I have managed to lay my hands on a paddlecart dually. They look the dogs dodahs. Well made and even fit the sidekick which has rather a pronounced keel. Didn't fancy the electras for this reason.

Will be trying it out on sunday so will let you know then.

My mk3 version is now tough enough (made from upvc window sill capping) but does tend to dig in the sand due probably to the small wheels and gets a bit hard work at low tide. (So it been donated to the wifes sit in yak.)

The paddlecart is a fairly bid cart mind but should easily manage beach and shingle effortlessly!! Can't wait!!

Dingle

hi there Speciman,

I have managed to lay my hands on a paddlecart dually. They look the dogs dodahs. Well made and even fit the sidekick which has rather a pronounced keel. Didn't fancy the electras for this reason.

Will be trying it out on sunday so will let you know then.

My mk3 version is now tough enough (made from upvc window sill capping) but does tend to dig in the sand due probably to the small wheels and gets a bit hard work at low tide. (So it been donated to the wifes sit in yak.)

The paddlecart is a fairly bid cart mind but should easily manage beach and shingle effortlessly!! Can't wait!!

Dingle

Ha ha, nice one Ian :yeah: Are you becoming a tackle tart like Richi (and me he he)

C ya tomorrow 1530 ish! (misses has nicked the warrior (that takes my new J bars!!) so have to put my old rack on the discovery :angry: bloomin thing is slow as a carthorse, still, does the job :)

Dave~~~~~ :sun:

Hi Speciman,

Used the trolly for the first time today..One word....Superb!!!!!!!!

The twin pneumatic tyes handle lumps and bumps with utmost ease..

I would imagine that if your in the market for a trolley you wouldn't do much better just ask SDD as I think its on his shopping list now!!!

Cheers

Dingle

Hi Speciman,

Used the trolly for the first time today..One word....Superb!!!!!!!!

The twin pneumatic tyes handle lumps and bumps with utmost ease..

I would imagine that if your in the market for a trolley you wouldn't do much better just ask SDD as I think its on his shopping list now!!!

Cheers

Dingle

Yep 100% correct :lol: I struggled with my ekla (again) to strap the scupper onto it and it looked a breeze on Ians :) I followed him down the ramp accross the shingle and onto the beach and watched it handle it like he says a breeze. My Ekla (I even got the canoe bigger version!) crabbed its way onto the shore because it came loose (partly due to the fact I have lost one of my straps on my last trip!) So thats it I will make one more try to get a working solution with the Ekla then it a Dually for me :yeah: Shame though because if I can figure how to strap it properly (and quickly!) it is a fantastic cart. The wheels are great even over large cobbles! Can't get one yep as the FPO has clamped down until we are back from Jersey :black_eye: ha ha

Thanks for the guided tour of the heads Ian, I could not have enjoyed it more. Thats the best I have seen my fishfinder work, very impressive rock garden down there (how was the pollock? :fish:

Can't wait for the next one!!, didn't even have to surf in, which I was dreading as I am not particularly good at ha ha.

Cheers mate~~~~~~SDD~~~~~~ :sun:

Hi Dingle, glad you liked the cart, i told you it was the one to buy. I have taken mine out over rocks and all sorts and no faults found yet, bar making up some ties for the clips etc. Glad you like it, terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

There does not seem to be a kickstand for it. Is it easy to lift the yak onto this cart and fix the straps on your own? Would it fit in the Scupper front hatch? (4 wheels and frame).

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Speciman.

Its dead easy to get the yak on the cart. All I do is lift the back of the yak up and push the trolley underneath as eay as that.

Having looked at the hatch on the scupper the cart should fit It does seem petty big!. The cart dissassembles quickly. The support bars are held on with a cliped pin and the wheels with a clevis type, so just pull these and there you have it 7 parts in total. If it helps any i could always measure it up for you.

On the sidekick there is no hatch like the scupper so it just gets strapped down on the back as is behing the cool box.

Hope that helps

Dingle

The beach where I go involves a wander across grass and pavement slabs down a bloody steep slipway that hs som large gaps where the concrete meets then over a few cobbles and then over sand pretty much everything!!

Ill get the measurement to you shortly

dingle