Devon Fish Meet.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Thanks Bill

I've got a Fladden PFD, Wetsuit, boots and **** loads of fishing gear, but no paddle or yak, but I will definately be there. May take my camper and stay a while, at least I can make brews and bacon sarnies.

Best Regards

Flynny

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Haven't been on the site for a while - been trying to add bits to the Yak, ready for Saturday.

I called a guy called Steve (Distributor of the Hobie Yaks), he'd like to come along with a mate on Saturday. He may have some more info on the new model.

I said I'd meet him at the Dartmouth Ferry at 8.30, so we should be there in plenty of time. He suggested a launch site of the main slipway in Salcombe, then making our way down towards Mill Bay.

I thought I'd follow them, as I don't know the area very well.

Is anyone else launching from the town slipway? If so, we'll see you there for 9.30.

Bill - could you send me a PM with a mobile number on, so that I can call one of you at Mill Bay to arrange a place to fish.

Looking forward to it - let's hope the weather doesn't spoil the day too much.

Dave

Kayak - Hobie Mirage Outback

Location - Paignton

Hi,

I've got two Scotty baitcaster rod holders and flush mounts for sale if you want to buy them.

They are unused (still in the box I think). I have just ordered a couple of RAM holders and deck mounts, so don't need them.

They cost me £40 a couple of weeks ago - shall we say £35?

I can bring them on Saturday if anyone wants them. If not, I'll post this ad on the main site.

Cheers,

Dave

Kayak - Hobie Mirage Outback

Location - Paignton

Hi All

I'll likely be launching from the Salcombe side also rather than the Portlemouth side, but further down the estuary opposite Mill Bay either from South or North Sands, saves the paddle down from the slip in Salcombe town itself.

This link gives the forecast for the weather in Salcombe on Saturday, doesn't look too bad.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayfor...=salcombe&day=3

Nick

Hi all,

Looks like I might be able to join you ,If I can it will be more like midday so look out for a green P13.

Like Nick I'll be launching from south sands,

Hopefully see you there,

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Yeeehaaaa

I now have a Tarpon 140 on my roof rack and will be there on Saturday. Bill there's no need for the XT.

As I'm driving from Plymouth and there seems to be one or two launching from Salcombe that would seem to be a better bet.

Where and at what time should I be around Salcombe. Will there be someone who can nurse a newbie (I wont be bringing any fishing gear so I can get used to paddling the thing it's been a while)

I will be driving from Holsworthy via Plymouth anyone else driving similar route from Plymouth.

Can't wait

Flynny

Hi Flynny

I'll be coming from the Plymouth direction and am going to launch from South Sands or North Sands beach, which are both very genlty shelving so easy launch! Happy to paddle out with you, and its an easy paddle to the fishing area in Mill Bay from this beach. Its always better when you paddle out with someone, if only just for your confidence. Am aiming to be there for around 8.30-9.00 ish.

Hi Jon

Be nice to see you again, if you can't see us when you get there I will have my mobile with me so give us a call.

Nick

With this many Yaks in the water the locals might start lighting the beacons!