Another Good Day Out

Simon Everett

A few of us met up to try for a late season bass over ground that should prove to be quite good. However, due to the enormous amount of fresh water coming off the mountains and the fact that it is late we didn't see any.

I think we would have been better off going out over the reef instead of trying the shallow estaury. The area looks promising but didn't live up to expectations I am afraid. Even so, it was a lovely place to be to not catch a fish <_<

Here is Stuart (South African) readying his Malibu X-Factor with a stunning backdrop of the area we intended to explore:www.go-fishing.org/upload/

Oh.

No it isn't!

I shall have to wait until somebody shows me how to do it then! I think it is meant to be easier ;)

However, web designers don't take into account "The Everett Factor" :D

kayak.jpg

Edited by Simon Everett

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I had one of those days yesterday as well, squid too big for my hooks, should have checked them before paddling out. Had some blistering takes, but failed to hook up, interestingly I was using flurocarbon on one rod and Black Amnesia on the other, only some very small nibbling of the tenticles :D on the Amnesia, the fluro was getting all the attention.

Only me and a trawler were out, was going to fish a wreck but he had beaten me to it. Roll on the next smooth day.

Took my little video camera with me as well, it was a last minute thing and when I got the thing out to play, found that my kids had knicked the rechargeables :(

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Was that the same wreck we looked at last time but decided it was too rough.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

That's the bunny, it was a fun launch through the surf, water upto my waist... took a while to drain back out which was a little worrying :) Sat around for a couple of hours, then it started to get a bit windy, and the surf was building up, so paddled back home had quite a nice surf back in, the Prowler handled really well in the surf, which was nice seeing as all the benches were full of spectators.

Nearly gave you a ring actually, but don't have your number... do I ?

Anyway, will drop you a PM next time out.

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Well, after much toing anf froing I have been tutored in how to put a picture up! Just to save you scolling up and down the page here is South African getting his Malibu Xfactor ready

CRW_1251.jpg

Why it is so big I have no idea - it is resized automatically in photobucket (Captain and his mighty Organ put me through the mill on that one)

here is anothe rone from the day

CRW_1261.jpg

The first picture - at the top of the post of us having a beer on the beach is from the same source - why the difference in size I haven't a clue. It is all done for me in the clever scheme of things. Later in the day we tried another part of the estuary - lovely backdrop

CRW_1272.jpg

It was all a waste of time though - there are no fish there at all. Four of us put in about 6 hours fishing solid - so in 24 hours of rod time in various parts of the estuary - zilch. Spinning, plugging, fly fishing - no fish. But it was a nice paddle! I can't recommend the place for hauls of fish though!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Didn't you take any grenades as a last resort. :D about time you fitted that finder Simon, it would have made life more frustrating :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

What's the matter? Aren't they big enough? I can make them bigger if you like - my neighbours think they're fine!!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

i have a tip for ya its real easy to resize

go to the directory your piccys in ya wanna upload

right click on it and edit while in paint select the image tab at the top and then select stretch and skew select 30% in both the box's height width then save image as [i do to not change my original pic] add name then upload the edited version its a no brainer

takes less than 30 seconds to do

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod