Who's Got A Good Lure Selection....

Elton

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy, isn't it about time that you updated your reels? Health and safety would not like all those exposed cogs and gears.

Not at all Peter. I've been using those reels since 1926 and they're still going strong. I could teach the Shimano Supporters Club of Great Britain could learn a thing or two about choosing reels.

Shimano....pah!!....rubbish..... <_<

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

That makes you 76, Andy, AN's third oldest regular!

I doubt that that many Shimanos will be in good working condition in 76 years.

Okay, Chesters, yes, I know, quite a few Intrepids are still going strong after only 50 years.

Edited by Peter Waller

That makes you 76, Andy, AN's third oldest regular!

I doubt that that many Shimanos will be in good working condition in 76 years.

I think I look very well too for an old fella....:lol:

Andywitha16Lb12oz01.jpg

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Not quite sure what you mean by antique Elton,but these are reasonably old,hope they help a bit.

voblexlures002.jpg

voblexlure.jpg

Hi all,I recognise a few names off this forum from another forum with a bit of a naughty reputation !

Whoops,I'm almost there on the posting pictures thing but obviously I haven't quite sussed it yet !!!

Edited by Steve Tighe

Hello Steve,

Send me that pic and I'll resize it for you. It's scaring me Goldfish! :D

Heres one from my man at the tip. A kind of bent Devon Minnow type thingy?? For game fish I'm guessing?

ANLURE2.jpg

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Steve, those are brillient lures. Like you I have a box, inspiring picture, but mine has 3/6 each on the back! 17.5p in modern parlance. Silver No 8 being the muts nuts for perch, and pretty good for pike.

The Ondex is still being manufactured, but not, as I understand it, the Voblex. Great shame, it was excellent for casting and rarely a kinked line.

Alright Steve. Welcome onboard.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...