Chew Reservoir Pike Trials

GlennB

I suspect we'll be taking advantage of any breeze to fish the drop offs on the drift and cover as much ground as possible...seems sensible. So no static baits, sink and draw only...baits and lures. Some of Andy Lush's perch hotspots might also get a look-in B)

I'm looking forward to Chew. Two seasons of hard graft at Grafham whipping it to a foam with lures and flies week in and week out for very little return almost turned me off ressies for good. Thanks for the cucumber fish suggestion Dave, think I've got some in the freezer

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Why do they call them 'trials'?

Yes, some nice fish seen there. Good luck to those of you who are going. I had two twenties on Friday (!!!!!!), upstream & West of Great Yarmouth, so maybe I'll stay on the Broads!! Lovely chunky fish too, better condition than I have seen for a couple of years.

Stuck it out until about 5pm. Wind forecast for 20 mph...probably gusting higher than that. Rain coming down sideways at one stage and on the move, spray everywhere.. Very little of anything showing on the sounder. A couple of jacks spotted caught on other boats. We had a couple too. Had a biggy follow and a few smash, grab and misses. We had a 2 1/2lb perch apiece as consolation prizes. I'd like to fish it again sometime, its not too big that you could get lost on there and for the head of big fish that it obviously has, it deserves a bit of time. The wardens were helpful, good place for breakfast, boats are the usual reliable orkney.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'