Autumn Gales

musket

Hi all,

you will be grateful to know this is a much shortened version of my last trip out.

I had a longer one typed out but couldn't get all pics up,hence the thumbnails.

I really fancied a crack at getting a decent pollack and the mark is a little way out to sea.

Once I rounded the mouth of the estuary I could see it would have been madness to carry on so headed back up river instead,hopefully to find a flounder.

I didn't have my spoons with me and the wind was pushing me too hard to work one properly anyway so tried finding sheltered spots and ledgered rag.

Got a couple of schoolies which at least gave me a bit of fun on the little rod and I did get to see a flounder-only trouble was he was doing an impression of Marlin in finding Nemo when he was determined not to be swallowed by the pelican(cormorant)!!

post-6799-1130782113_thumb.jpgpost-6799-1130782440_thumb.jpg <_< At least I know they're there :)

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Nice little bass - looks like he swallowed the hook good and proper. :( Shame about the wind - I bet there will be some goof flatties starting to get up towards the brickworks and the creek below about now. I might just come down and have a trip for them - what shifts you on over the next few weeks?

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Simon,

He wasn't hooked deep-only had a little aberdeen just inside.So he swam off quite happily.

The next day ,thinking it was going to be just as rough saw me at the mouth again but not with the kayak.

The law of earth lump decreed that despite the wind not dropping at all the sea had calmed and would have been kayakable(?)

I decided I would follow the train of thought that big bait= big fish ,so thinking of a big bass I put on a cocktail of squid and king rag on a 6/0 hook and caught......2 dog fish and another small school bass <_<

As for forthcoming shifts they are many and varied so drop me a line when you've got a break coming up and I'll let you know if I'm off.

Cheers Jon

post-6799-1130865706_thumb.jpgpost-6799-1130865749_thumb.jpg

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Looks like you have been checking the wine - in the Cellar(s) B)

Typical - I had the same trouble after smoothounds - school bass stealing the bait meant for bigger fish!

Hopefully I'll get down before Xmas. I was supposed to go to Coniston this week to do something on the Records Week - only the weather has been so foul I haven't gone. If it is going to be better tommorrow I might take a run up - but the wind is still howling. Fingers crosse it perks up for next weekend!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Fly Fair this weekend Nifty - Trentham gardens.

I will only go on one day - probably Sunday in that case when there are plenty of bargains (or is that when there is nothing left!!)

Will make a decision when I have seen the weather forecast! Keep in touch. Llnagorse is where exactly?

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Last night the forcast was 5mph southerlies for Saturday, today it's 25mph.

Are the forcasts worth looking at? cos I think they just think of a number and have a guess.......

Simon, as Martin says, just east of Brecon and not the most straightforward of places for you to get to.

If the weather looks at all promising i'll let you both know and we can decide. It's a very exposed bit of

water.

I can only make Saturday this week, got to go to church on Sunday :o

I'm not sure what the estuary will be like for a bit of floundering, it hasn't stopped raining for a week.

:angry: The tides are a little out as well with LW at 16-40.

nifty.

Its a bit frustrating at the moment! Was sure i'd get out on Tuesday (looking at the 5 day forecast) but the rollers were huge on the Cumbrian coast ! Its another wet weekend according to tonights forecast on the beeb so i'll see if her indoors fancies a trip to Chester Chrissy shopping :angry: Will free up a weekend later ;)

As you say Nifty its an exposed water , i've seen lads rowing for 15 minutes and getting nowhere :D

Might be a good water for the xmas tourney ? plenty of Coarse fish to go along with the Pike??

Ok Prowler 13