Bridlington Tope

Paul Boote

Sent to me earlier by someone I know who lives north of Watford.

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArticl...ticleID=1238122

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Sent to me earlier by someone I know who lives north of Watford.

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArticl...ticleID=1238122

Good to see the local press picking up on this issue, I hope that the powers that be will approve the tope by-law and help protect this spieces for the future.

Bazza

Fish For the Future

I wonder what the members of the North East Sea Fisheries Committee (NESFC) would think if they read some of the comments on here that are directed at the commercial sector; 'thieves, rapists, smack head junkies, scroungers and spongers' are all words that have been used by forum members and aimed at commercials.

I ask the question as these are the same people who will be making a decision on making tope, a recreational fish at a future meeting of the committee. Most of that committee will be from or representing the commercial sector yet they look likely to award recreational status on the Tope and providing anglers with good sport.

It does not bode well then that idiots who know nothing about the industry, spout fiction and present it as fact and then fail to provide any evidence to back up their spurious comments will expect as a right that others should support them.

The commercials will, so far as I can find out, back the tope fishery plan and when they do I hope that 'the bashers' would have the good grace to acknowledge their efforts , cut them a little slack and work together to achieve a sustainable North Sea for the future

I wonder what the members of the North East Sea Fisheries Committee (NESFC) would think if they read some of the comments on here that are directed at the commercial sector; 'thieves, rapists, smack head junkies, scroungers and spongers' are all words that have been used by forum members and aimed at commercials.

I ask the question as these are the same people who will be making a decision on making tope, a recreational fish at a future meeting of the committee. Most of that committee will be from or representing the commercial sector yet they look likely to award recreational status on the Tope and providing anglers with good sport.

It does not bode well then that idiots who know nothing about the industry, spout fiction and present it as fact and then fail to provide any evidence to back up their spurious comments will expect as a right that others should support them.

The commercials will, so far as I can find out, back the tope fishery plan and when they do I hope that 'the bashers' would have the good grace to acknowledge their efforts , cut them a little slack and work together to achieve a sustainable North Sea for the future

Hear, hear! Spot on, Brian.

A very good, accurate and fair minded post.

The proposal was put forward by Nigel Proctor, the Recreational Sea Angling representative that DEFRA appointed to the NESFC.

Having proposed the byelaw , he has gained the support of the committee.

The byelaw was passed to DEFRA and put out to public consultation a while ago, and has been supported by representations made by a number of angling organisations and their members.

(There was a period of 28 days from 30th August in which people could respond to the proposal - see below)

Topebyelaw.JPG

Representatives of the Recreational Sea Angling Sector on Sea Fisheries Committees are working with representatives from other sectors on proposals to protect the fishery on most SFCs now.

Tight Lines - leon

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

The only reason that anglers are getting peed of with the commercials is because of their failure to accept that a, there is a problem with fish stocks and b, commercial fishing is responcible for the decline.

The stocks have been in decline since the 70's so to blame global warming and zoo plancton is just one big red herring.

How can anglers work with commercials to solve a problem which they fail to admit exists.

Do you expect us to welome you with open arms when commercial fishing has succeeded in ruining our sport year after year, up to a stage when many are giving up.

The only reason the byelaw is taking place is because of a fishing merchant who intended exporting the fins to Asia. The Spur dog shoals are now critically endangered and they wanted to do the same to the tope.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk