Farmed Cod to restock the coast?

Leon Roskilly

Guest jay_con

Very strong point Leon. I listened to the programme and I agree with what you said. But how likely is it that the disease of over fishing commercially will be tackled??? and couldnt nature do with a helping hand at this late stage????

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would they actually raise these fish to a size capable of eating pellet food?

The larger the fish the greater the problems, surely it would be better to release 5,000,000,000 at 5mm, than a 100,000 at 100mm.

Just a thought

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest jay_con

Who mentioned the tax payer?????

But yes your probably right for once. Taxpayers money would be far better spent on persuing those reported 80% who are contributing to the reported 50 percent chance that the fish on your plate was caught illegally.

I was talking recently, to a couple of lads whoes job is to promote Salmon fishing in the Border rivers. They bred thousands of small salmon and introduced them into the river system with startling results. In just 5 years, they have trebled the ammount of rod caught salmon, and are catching them in rivers where none have been seen for many years.

The whole scheme is considered a resounding sucess by landowners, anglers and the environmentalists.

If it can be done in the rivers why not the sea?

Haven't the Japs been doing it for years?

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk