The Future For Pike

slodger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once endured a whole winter on the fenland drains pike fishing.

It was the most desolate time of my life.

Ahh....... it's the lack of visual stimuli you see Lee, forces a man to look inwards. Clearly you had a troubled soul at that time.

You northerners need hills around you to feel secure. Being in the fen strips you of that, you can see far into the surrounding vista. It's a metaphor for looking into ones own future, there are no comforting distractions. You have no choice but to face your own demons. :blink:

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

That's why we head to the broads or fens whenever possible.

Ahrrgghhhhh, and so this area gets thrashed to death as well

;););) !!

I dont know.... you could have been a Forest fan, your not are you? :D

Or worse, a Norwich fan :(:(:(

Slodger, most of you locals make us feel far more welcome than the average 'migrant'. :D

Peter, the extra effort involved, just getting there makes us appreciate it more than most. ;) Oh & i'll never be a budgie :D We sold half our squad, whats your excuse? ;)

And yew Tractor Boys haven't got that much to shout about either!!

True, mid table mediocrity is hard to get used to but then we don't have your experience on that one :D

(I couldn't resist but i'm going to stop now, before we ruin an interesting thread ;) )

'Slodger, most of you locals make us feel far more welcome than the average 'migrant'.'

Not really a 'local' myself Mr N, I just live on the border. :D

......... yep... just checked, definitely only five fingers on each hand! Guess I'm only a 'migrant' too.

:D

Any slack in that diary yet? Got a nice little bit of drain to run by ya! ;)

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'