Seagulls Eating Starlings?

Andrew Boyd

Geffaz just picked up on your spelling comment! It is a sad chappie who cares about stuff like that mate. It is the content of the message that counts and not the decoration :)

You may have noticed me make the occasional slip - mind you most of the c0ck ups are drink related :lol:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had a Merlin for the last 4-5 days out here slowly working threw the Starling flock,seen it take a few so far.

Also had a Sorm Petrel on deck along with 2 Greylag Geese wandering around scaring the sh*t out of the big North Sea Tigers (Pussies)

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

The Gull was not chasing the Starling for anthing the Starling had, the Starling was not carring anything in it beak. The Gull caught it's body fair and square within it's beak.

Comments noted regarding the residency of Starlings. Though I understand we do lose a few that fly south but in the main we retain a great number which is added to by incomers from North Eastern countries across the North Sea.

They make quite a sight swirling around their roost at night fall.

Andrew Boyd

have'nt seen gulls eating other birds,

but i have seen crows chase and kill pigeons then peck at the chest walls eat some of the organs , then the brains , after that disregard the rest of the body

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Seen some crows at work kill a baby rabbit,tear it to bits and wolf down the lot :o

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy