Float Plans For Meets.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

This is for the benefit of us all, and especialy those organising meets.

FLOAT PLANS.

A Floatplan is a detailed list of relevent information that should be put together at the beggining of EVERY meet between Kayakfisherman.

Once writen and agreed, it should be followed to the letter without exception.

Details should and MUST include:

WHERE the party intend to launch.

TIME What time the launch will take place.

HOW MANY are in the party, and how many of them are begginers. Begginers SHOULD be paired up with more experienced paddlers.

Paddle and fish to thier abilities, be aware of the distances you cover.

AREAS. Try to fish in sight of each other, set boundries, and stay within them, dont paddle off.

END OF MEET what time you are to be back at the agreed exit point.

NAMES of all taking part, emergency contact numbers.

TELL SOMEONE what you are planning to do, i.e. coastgaurd, reliable contactable person on shore.

Think about your reponsibilities to each other, look out for each other, if you feel ill, or tired and want to leave the group, then TELL someone, hopefully that person will see you safely to to shore.

If that isnt possible, then leave a note or contact a pre arranged number ,or person on shore, DONT leave people guessing as to your safety and whereabouts.

Be sure you have all your safty kit with you, especialy a loud whistle (basic).

If we all start to think in the same way, and take responseibility for each other, instead of leaveing it up to one or two individuals, then the task will become a lot easier and more practiced.

I will set about getting this into a format, and will print some off,anybody want one to copy, PM me

Yakity.

Hiya ZZippy.

Glad its of use mate.

Will be even more pleased if people actualy start using them at pre arranged meets.

Keeps us all safe, and organised, and takes care of our newer members too.

Will be getting ready for the Flounder comp on the Tiegn soon.

Are you fishing it this year zzippy? if you are, we may be able to meet up, Ill be fishing it with Millsey, Chuggs was comming but cant make it now, shame that, I was hoping hed keep the wind off me :D great lummux :D

YY :)

Hi mate

I probably would have gone to Teignmouth ,but for the thought of you rolling round on the beach whingeing about your back for two days......god the thought of it.... ooow it hurts ,you will have to cast for me...ooow you will have to wind in for me ...ooow you will have to bait up for me ooow ooow it hurts etc ..YA BIG GIRL!! :D:D:D

Edited by chuggs